Check the latest IBPS PO Salary Slip in respective banks after 7th Pay commission 2018 from here. Read and know about the Payment per month plus other allowances.
IBPS Clerk Job Profile
In Bank, there are so many types of Bank clerks. These types of Clerk are like Data Entry Clerk, Office Clerk and Loan Clerk, Accounts Clerk etc. The candidates will be shifted from the lower clerk to the upper clerk on the basis of bank policies. The clerk is the entry level job in a Bank which contact people for inquiries & guidance.
A clerk is an important post in the Bank. The role of clerk is to handle the value-able work which is related to the customer’s accounts and solve their complaints and issues.
The job of Bank clerk is not just confined to a single duty, which is accounting. The major roles of Bank Clerk are
- Verification of Banking Document
- Manage the counter and does the task time to time.
- Isssue legit ESI Stamps and Cash receipts.
- Work in the Government Treasury Work
- Updates Passbook for the Acount Holders.
- He also work in the back office where he collect reciepts , maintain ledger, balance tally etc.
- A bank clerk sanction withdrawals and verify cheques and issues demand draft for the customers as per the demand and serves customers for other tasks.
- He also holds the cash of Bank , bank keys and other valuable items in the safe place
- He also works to market the financial products and the deposits and loans , schemes of visitors.
- The process of digitization in the bank has already shown all the work on a computer screen. This is helpful to work for the clerk in the day to day transaction.
- Bank clerk also work for the customers , the job profile is also known as Single Window Operators.
IBPS Clerk Salary and Perks
The basic pay of IBPS clerk is 11765 per month which is in the scale of Rs. 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540. IBPS clerk is also equipped with the other special pay and allowances.
Salary Structure of IBPS Clerk
|Terms used in Salary||Posting in Population above 4.5 million||Posting in Population below 4.5 million|
|Basic Pay||Rs 11765||Rs 11765|
|Special Allowance||Rs 911||Rs 911|
|DA||Rs 5311||Rs 5311|
|CCA||Rs 0||Rs 0|
|TA||Rs 425||Rs 425|
|Total (without HRA)||Rs 18413||Rs 18413|
|Gross Salary||Rs 19589||Rs 19472|
- DA – Dearness allowances
- CCA – City Compensatory Allowance
- TA – Transport Allowance
- HRA – House Rent Allowance
Dearness Allowance :- The 4% of basic pay is known as DA and is revised by every three months which is CPI (Consumer Price Index) declared by the banks.
House Rent Allowance: The 7-9% of basic pay is HRA. The HRA varies , as it depends on the different cities.
|Type of City||HRA (in Percent)|
|Cities with population more than 5 lakhs||7.5|
- Special Allowance: 7.5%
- After one year , the IBPS Bank clerk will get an increment of 400/- and Rs. 500 increment in 2nd year.
- The salary of Bank clerk is increased from Rs. 21,339 to Rs. 23,117 , after the 10th Bipartite Wage Settlement of 2015, a Bank Clerk’s salary has increased from now salary Rs. 21,339 to Rs. 23,117.
Salary of Public Sector Bank is revised as per the banking Norms. The need of promotion is for an individual is judged by the performance of an individual.
IBPS Clerk Career Growth
The growth in Bank Clerk job is very good. You can get promotion to higher levels. The Bank Aspirants who want to become Bank Officers. The candidates who wish to get promotion from the Clerk Post to the PO have to wait for two years. After completion of the two years , the candidates are eligible to become officer in the Bank.
The promotions are conducted in every two years and the bank clerk can sit in the promotion exam. The process of promotion is given as.
(1) Normal process
(2) Merit basis process
The two process is applied to the individual candidates as per the performance of candidate and the experience.
The Normal process is to qualify the written exam and then you have clear the exam. THis process is based on JAIIB and CAIIB diploma. After exam, you will become a Probationary Officer.
Merit Basis Process :- The minimum service period as clerk should be two years with a JAIIB and CAIIB diploma conducted by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) is must with graduate/post graduate degree.
After becoming Probationary Officers (PO) there are seven scales in officer cadre:
- Scale 1 – Officer / Assistant Manager
- Scale 2 – Manager
- Scale 3 – Senior Manager
- Scale 4 – Chief Manager
- Scale 5 – Asst. General Manager
- Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager
- Scale 7 – General Manager.
That’s all for now. If you like this post, then you can share this with other friends on the various social platforms. Comment below, if you have any doubts.