IPS Officer Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Exam Details Sample Paper, Rules and Regulation, Model test paper, Previous Year Question Paper, Admit Card, Answer Key, Exam Date
IPS Officer Eligibility Criteria, Qualification
Have you ever wonder what a real job of Policeman. Just for one time leave your vision and which you had made on the basis of the movies you had watched. Their job is really much more harder than that. There are large number of candidates those who had a dream to get a job in the police department at a respected post and this dream can be successfully achieved only if you can clear the IPS exam of the Civil Services. We like to inform you that the IPS exam is one of the all three exam of the Civil Services of India and is controlled by the Ministry Of Home Affairs. The exam is conducted by the UPSC which is the only department which can provide you a chance to join this respectable job in this sector. UPSC is a central authority of India who is responsible for conducting the exam for the various big institution like Indian Army, Air Force, Navy and the various other department and also which comes under the central government. People those who want to join the civil services they are required to give the exam from this department. We are here giving you the information to the candidates those who want to be an IPS Officer.
Civil Services is a National Level type of competition exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India. Under the Civil Service there are many exam or you can say there are many post which you can choose like IAS, IFS (Foreign), IFS (Forest), IPS, IP&TAFS and many more. Every year many candidates apply for the exam but only very few of them can crack the exam.
IPS Service Rules And Regulation
Here we are providing you the various rules and regulation for which an IPS Officer is made responsible. Below we are providing various Information relating to the IPS Officer its Eligibility Criteria, nationality, educational qualification, age limit and number of attempts and many more information.
The IPS exam is the which is conducted each and every year to recruit the candidates under the Central Govt. It is one of the three All India Services, its framework can be utilised by both the Union Government, the State Governments and public-sector undertakings. The IPS service is classified into various departments such as Crime Branch, Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Home Guards, Traffic Bureau.
IPS Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of the IPS Officer is same like every other exam. Check the selection procedure and the minimum qualification required by candidates to grab a position in the department.
Candidates need to have some built in structure as the job is for the Police department so some built in is required.
Both male and female candidates can apply for the job so the minimum height required by Male candidates is 165 cm and for Female candidates is 150 cm respectively.
For the relaxation which is given to the candidates belonging to the SC, ST category and belonging to the races such as Gorkhas, Garhwalias, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals is 160 for Male and 145 cm for female respectively.
- The nearness of Squint is an exclusion
- Spectacles are allowed
- Distant vision for better eye(Corrected Vision) ought to be 6/6 or 6/9
- Distant vision for the more awful eye(Uncorrected Vision) ought to be 6/12 or 6/9
- Near vision ought to be J1 and J2 individually
- High review shading vision is required and Binocular vision is required
- Myopia: Should not exceed -4.00D
- Hypermyopia: Should not exceed +4.00D
- Above two conditions are given under including Cylinder.
- A candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan.
- A Tibetan Refugee settled permanently in India before January 1, 1962
- Person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zaire, or Zambia with an intention of permanently settling in India can also apply.
All the candidates those who are applying for the post they are advised that the minimum age for applying for the post is 21 year and the maximum age which is allowed by the candidates is 32 years. but they are also advised that this age should be attain by the 1 August in the year of examination.
|Candidates Of J&K||5 years|
|ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years of Military Service.||3 years|
|Up to max. 5 years for a candidate from the State of Jammu & Kashmir||3 years|
|Defence Services personnel||3 years|
|ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCO||5 years|
|Blind, deaf-mute, and orthopedically handicapped persons||10 years|
As you can see that the relaxation are given according to the norms set up by the government
The education Qualification which a candidates must posses are
- A graduation degree from any of the recognised university of the country.
- Candidates those who have appeared for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results or those who are yet to appear for the qualifying examination are also eligible for the Preliminary Examination.
- Candidates those who have appeared for the qualifying examination or appearing for the same are likewise qualified for the Preliminary Examination.
Candidates those who are applying and are planning to apply they must know that there are very few attempts which they can take but ones there attempts are over they can not again give the exam.
- General : 7 attempts (Up to 32 Years)
- (SC/ST): No Limits (Up to 37 Years)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 9 attempts (Up to 35 Years)
- Physically handicapped- 9 attempts for general and OBC, while unlimited for SC/ST.
Role Of An IPS Officer
- Maintain public peace and order, reducing crime rate, investigate and finding, collecting intelligence reports, taking care of VIP security, counter-terrorism, border patroling, railway policing, working towards preventing smuggling, drug trafficking, economic offences, corruption, playing a key role in disaster management.
- Sharing information with the Indian Intelligence Service like R.A.W, I.B, C.I.D, C.B.I
- Serve the people of the country with full integrity, honesty and whole hearted dedication.
How To Apply
Below are the steps so that you can easily apply for the IPS Officer. As the conducting authority is UPSC the candidates need to go through the UPSC website.
- Visit The Official website of UPSC. www.upsconline.nic.in
- Search for the link of Civel Service online Application
- Sign up by doing your registration.
- Once you done you registration you can follow the procedure by filling up the details like Father, Mother Name, Address and many other things.
- Kindly fill all the details specially which have a specified sign on them.
- Once you fill the detail press proceed button.
- The next step would be submitting the fees
- You can either submit the fees through the online mode or through the offline mode.
- Now your registration and application procedure is complete. Take out he printout of the application form for future reference.
Hope that the article provided here is very useful for you and if you find it useful then do share it on the social platforms like Facebook, Whats app, TwitterAnd if you have any queries related to any other recruitment or the eligibility criteria then ask your questions in the comment section below.