UPSC IAS Eligibility Criteria Qualification Rules And Regulation Exam Admit Card online application answer key merit list expected cut off marks exam result
UPSC IAS Eligibility Criteria Qualification
Every persons dreams a job in the government sector and there are some those who want the job in the Central Government and they must know that the UPSC is the only department which can provide them the respectable job in this sector. As UPSC is one of the department which can provide you the respectable government job. UPSC is responsible for conducting the exam which for the various big institution like Indian Army, Air Force, Navy and the various other department and also the people those who want to join the civil services they are also required to give the exam from this department. We are here giving you the information to the candidates those who want to be an IAS Officer. If you are the one looking for the eligibility criteria required then you are at right place. Go through the article below and check the complete guide to be an IAS Officer.
Civil Services is a type of competition exam at the National Level conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India. Under the Civil Service there are many exam or you can say there are many post which you can choose like IAS, IFS (Foreign), IFS (Forest), IPS, IP&TAFS and many more. It is one of the toughest exam of India as we can know it about its success rate which is 0.01%. Every year many candidates apply for the exam but only very few of them can crack the exam.
IAS Service Rules And Regulation
Below we are providing various Information relating to the IAS Officer its Eligibility Criteria, nationality, educational qualification, age limit and number of attempts and many more information. These are the basic information which you must know before you apply for the exam
IAS a civil service exam formerly known as Imperial Service Exam but later changed. IAS is a permanent organisation of India and structures a piece of the official branch. It is one of the three All India Services, its framework can be utilised by both the Union Government, the State Governments and public-sector undertakings. The main responsibility of the IAS officer is that he is provided with the power to command of an entire district as a District Collector. He can also represent Government of India at international level in bilateral and multilateral negotiations.
IAS Selection Procedure
Just like any other exam the candidates applying for the exam need to clear this exa with the same procedure there will be two exam like Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and the Interview of the exam
There are certain perimetre which a candidates must follow before to apply for the exam.
- A candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan can also apply for the exam.
- A Tibetan Refugee who had taken refuge in India before January 1, 1962, to be settled permanently in India can also apply.
- Person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zaire, or Zambia with an intention of permanently settling in India can also apply
A competitor must be atleast of 21 years and maximum 32 years of age as on August 01, 2018. However, he/she more likely than not been conceived not sooner than August 02, 1986 and not later than August 01, 1997. There is also relaxation in age provided to te candidates belonging to different categories. Check it below
|Defence Services personnel||3 years|
|ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCO||5 years|
|Blind, deaf-mute, and orthopedically handicapped persons||10 years|
As you can see that the relaxation are very different at the very different rate.
- Candidates must be a graduate from any of the recognised university of the country.
- Candidates those who have appeared for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results or those who are yet to appear for the qualifying examination are also eligible for the Preliminary Examination.
- Candidates holding degree in the technical and in any other trait can also apply for the post.
- Competitors those who have appeared for the qualifying examination or appearing for the same are likewise qualified for the Preliminary Examination.
- Applicants who have passed the last year of MBBS or any Medical Examination yet will be yet to finish the temporary position can likewise show up for the Main Examination.
No. Of attempt
There are limited no. of attempts which a candidates can make but they are also different in the case of candidates belonging to the different categories
- General : 7 attempts (Up to 32 Years)
- (SC/ST): No Limits (Up to 37 Years)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 9 attempts (Up to 35 Years)
- Physically handicapped- 9 attempts for general and OBC, while unlimited for SC/ST
How To Appy For IAS UPSC
Candidates should know the complete knowledge of exam of how to apply for the post and how to prepare yourself for the post. Below are the steps of how you can apply for the post and the other various things:
- Candidates are required to apply online on the website i.e. upsconline.nic.in
- In certain unavoidable situations, if more than one application is made, the applicant must make sure that the application with higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects.
- Candidates who are presently working in any of the Government Service, or as work-charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they are applying for the Examination.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected.
Rules and Responsibilities
Candidates ones becoming an IAS Officer have so much responsibility on them which are listed below check the article below for those:
- Taking care of undertakings of government that include surrounding and execution of approach in interview with the concerned Minister
- Actualizing strategies through supervision and furthermore making a trip to the spots where the affirmed approaches will be executed
- Actualizing strategies includes dispensing of assets through individual supervision
- Liable to the Parliament and State Legislatures for any infringement of tenets while on obligation Functions and duties vary at various levels of vocation
- Capacities and duties vary at various levels of vocation
- The officers may likewise be designated in the State Secretariat or they may fill in as Heads of Departments or in Public Sector Undertakings
Hope that the article provided here is very useful for you and if you find it useful then do share it on the social platforms like Facebook, Whats app, TwitterAnd if you have any queries related to any other recruitment or the eligibility criteria then ask your questions in the comment section below.