UPSC IAS Exam Preparation Tips 2018| IAS Reference Books Expected Cut Off Final Merit List Exam Result Admit Card Exam Syllabus Sample Paper Previous Years Question Tips
UPSC IAS Exam Preparation Tips 2018
Guys the dates for one of the biggest exams of all which is conducted by UPSC is coming on this 3rd of June. The exam is of Civil Exam and they are considered as one of the toughest and the hardest exam of all. Every year this exam is conducted twice the year and for which many candidates apply for it but only few are able to clear all the stages of the exam. You will be shocked to know that the success rate of this exam is nearly 0.05% only. This is because of lack of knowledge about the exam. Candidates apply for the exam but due to lack of knowledge they failed to qualify for the further steps of the examination.We are here providing you the complete information regarding to the exam. Check the article for the information related to the UPSC IAS Exam.
Satrting with the pattern of the exam we like to provide you some of the details of the exam. The exam is conducted in 3 stages – the prelims, main and the interview. The application mode is online which means candidates can apply online only no other mode is open earlier candidates can apply Offline also but now the procedure is made completely online. You need to apply again for the main exam. Once you cleared the physical exam you were asked to apply for the main exam. Below are the steps of how can you apply for the exam.
Steps to apply for the exam
- Firstly visit the official website of the department. i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Each candidates need to apply one application only.
- Candidates need to make sure if they had applied one or more time they are requested that application with highest registration I.D. with all the complete information.
- If you are working in some of the government institution or any private institution you need to submit their applications direct to the Commission that they arerequired to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
IAS Important Reference Books
Once you get registered with filling and generating your registration I.D. you need to fill it properly. We are here providing you the complete information which you can read before attempting to apply for the job. Check the steps given below
- Candidates those who had submitted the one or more applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) will be considered by the department and the fee paid against one RID will not be adjusted against any other RID.
- While filling the Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide his or her choice of centre for the Examination. If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in his/her admit card he will be not allowed to give the exam.
- Candidates must make sure that the various certificates they are providing related to the category of Schedule Tribe/ Schedule caste they must bring at the time of verification when they were asked. These document will not be submitted at the time of submitting the application.
- At the time of verification if it is found that the they do not fulfil the any of eligibility criteria their application will be rejected their at time at any stage of exam whether the Preliminary Examination, Main (written) Examination and Interview Test.
- If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they are liable to disciplinary action by the Commission in terms of Rule 14 of the Rules for the subject
UPSC IAS Preparation Tips and Exam Tips
To prepare for the exam you should know the syllabus of the exam and to check the syllabus we had provided the link in the description below check it if you want to and those who knows that the syllabus is very large they need not to panic because we are providing here you the tips with the help of which you can easily prepare for the exam. Check the some of the points below for the exam
- Time Table: Before preparing for the exam you are need to prepare a time table because once you set the time for the studies then only you can adjust your time for the other activities because in civil services exam last time preparation never works.
- Study and Revise: Once you had studied a topic you should keep on revising it as the syllabus is very wide and there will be no time for last time preparation.
- Focus on the Basics: Getting the job in the civil services is not an easy task. As the people those who are applying they must be knowing that what are the responsibilities they are getting in they should be well aware of the country and significant developments they must learn about the country’s culture, society and language is an inevitable requirement to be well prepared for the exams.
- Make Notes: You should make a habit of making notes because this will help you to revise easily because going after the information from where you had read the topic is time consuming.
- Read Newspaper: Once you applied for the exam you must be prepares yourself for reading the news paper daily because it is the easiest way of gaining the general knowledge and having current affairs.
- Practise From Previous Year Question Paper: This the easiest way of learning for the exam and you will also get the chance to prepare for the exam and you can know the difficulty or the standards of the questions.
- Focus on your Communication and Personality: If you are applying for an IAS then you must know that for this post having great command over the language and a good personality is a good thing which is recorded in your marks of interview.
Some Of the Important Links
- Click Here for the UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus
- Click Here for the UPSC IAS Exam Admit Card 2018
Hope that the article provided here is very useful for you and if you find it useful then do share it on the social platforms like Facebook, Whats app, Twitter. And if you have any queries related to any other recruitment or the eligibility criteria then ask your questions in the comment section below.